There are two types of sinusitis. They are acute sinusitis (lasts for about 4 weeks) and chronic sinusitis (lasts for more than 12 months and continues for years).
It causes pain and pressure as these swelling blocks off the sinuses trapping mucus and air inside.
Home Remedies for Sinus Infection:
Survey says that about 37 million people in U.S were affected by sinusitis every year and spending many billion dollars for its treatment. Despite of spending the money and not getting proper cure and with many side effects will be useless.
So, you can follow these natural home remedies to get rid of this sinus problem.
It contains some chemical substance which kills virus, bacterial or fungal infections.
As sinus is a bacterial infection, garlic helps to destroy the bacterial infection and cures the sinus problem.
- 3 to 4 garlic cloves
- Put water in a pot and boil it for few minutes.
- After it starts boiling, then add crushed garlic cloves into it.
- Turn off the heat and cover it with a towel or wash cloth so that the steam will not escape.
- Now inhale the steam which gives instant relief from the sinus by thinning the mucus.
- Repeat the process whenever you feel necessary.
Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) helps to clear a stuffy nose as it thin the mucus immediately.
- 2 tbsp. Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 1 cup warm water
- Take apple cider vinegar and add honey to it.
- Mix it well in a cup of warm water.
- Drink this solution two to three times a day to get rid of the sinus infection.
Turmeric contains a substance called curcumin which helps to heal the sinus cavity and clears your airways.
Turmeric also possess anti inflammatory properties as sinus infection is caused by nasal inflammation.
- Use turmeric in as many ways as possible.
- You can include in your diet by adding it while cooking food or take a capsule made of turmeric etc.
- Regular usage of turmeric will helps to get rid of the sinus infection.