Every year women spend millions of dollars on various anti-aging beauty products only to receive minimal results. All the while, the best anti-wrinkle therapy is right in their kitchen. As many specialists will tell you, garlic is one of the best antioxidants and antibiotics around. And when it comes to aging skin, antioxidants help with premature aging by encouraging cell growth while antibiotics help remove acne and minimalize skin infections, garlic can help eliminate wrinkles.
A Remarkable Garlic Recipe
Garlic really does help eliminate and remove wrinkles. And because of its superior antibacterial properties, it is the ideal ingredient for a face mask. And with a bit of honey and olive oil in the recipe, you add a few great moisturizers for your skin plus a nice exfoliate.
All of the ingredients in the recipe are ideal for calming the skin, fighting bacteria and making your skin super soft. For the recipe, always use fresh garlic, preferably organic (grown without pesticides and herbicides).If you cannot find fresh garlic then use the jarred minced garlic you usually can find I the produce section.
- 2-3 garlic cloves (or minced garlic)
- 2 ½ tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
1. Peel garlic cloves
2. Place the garlic into a food processor or blender.
3. Pulse until lightly chopped
4. Add olive oil and honey. Pulse until mixture is creamy and smooth. Add a little extra oil or honey if needed.
5. Scoop out the mask and place into a clean container that has a lid.
6. Place the mask in the fridge to keep fresh.
7. Allow mask to rest overnight in the fridge.
8. To apply – First, wash your face thoroughly. Makes sure your face is clean and free of make-up. Gently apply the mixture to the fact using circular motions with your fingers. If you used raw honey in the recipe, try not to press to hard because it will act like sandpaper.
9. Leave the mask on for 15-20 minutes. But never leave the mask on for more than 25 minutes. Garlic is a powerful antioxidant and can burn the skin if left on too long.
10. After you wash the mask off with warm water, pat your face gently with a soft towel. 11. Touch your skin and notice how soft it is. Apply a little olive oil or moisturizer for additional hydration and ultra-softness.
11. For optimum results, apply the mask 3 to four times a week.
Blemishes and Pimples
Another fabulous garlic recipe for the skin is for blemishes and acne such as blackheads. This recipe has additional ingredients including oatmeal, lemon juice and tea tree oil. For decades, oatmeal has been known to help rejuvenate the skin. As well, lemon is a great tonic and tea tree oil is an amazing antiseptic and antibacterial.
Garlic Blackhead Fighter
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 ½ tablespoons oatmeal, ground
- 2 drops tea tree oil
- 5 drops lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons honey, just enough to form a paste
1. Peel the garlic cloves.
2. Put the garlic into a food processor or blender. Pulse until chopped lightly.
3. Scoop out the garlic and place in a small ceramic bowl.
4. Add the oatmeal, tea tree oil and lemon juice. Slowly stir in the honey until the mixture is the fight consistency.
5. Allow the fresh mask to meld and rest a few hours or overnight.
6. To apply – wash you face thoroughly. Makes sure all make-up is removed.
7. Spread a thin layer of mask onto the face using circular motions with your fingers.
8. Keep the mask on for about 20 minutes.
9. Using warm water and a wash rag, rinse the mask off. Apply olive oil or a moisturizer for optimum results.
10. To visibly reduce blackheads, use the mask 3-4 times a week